PowerTECx is an engineered alternative to silica sand specifically formulated to be field mixed with Thermal Grout Lite or Thermal Grout Select to achieve thermal conductivities ranging from 0.79-1.60 Btu/hr·ft·°F. Use PowerTECx with, or as a replacement for traditional silica sand to lower mixed viscosity, reduce formation losses, decrease grout weight, and to minimize the amount of material required at the job site.
APPROVED FOR USE WITH
- Thermal Grout Lite
- Thermal Grout Select
CONSIDER FOR USE IN
- All Horizontal and Vertical boring applications especially where silica sand is difficult to source or expensive to ship.
- Horizontally Bored GHEX installations to lower viscosity and improve pumpability.
- Loopfield installations where space is limited and the reduction of total material on-site is beneficial.
- Commercial ground heat exchange designs that require thermal conductivities above 1.20 Btu/hr·ft·°F.
- Capable of achieving thermal conductivities up to 1.60 Btu/hr·ft·°F.
- Reduces or eliminates the need for silica sand on the jobsite.
- Lower viscosity and self-lubricating nature decreases wear on grouting equipment.
- Decreases formation losses in fractured and porous formations as compared to traditional thermal grout mixes.
- Reduces total freight cost for a project by decreasing the required amount of dry material.
- NSF/ANSI Standard 60 Certified to not contribute contaminants to drinking water that could cause adverse health effects.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Water Volume Warning:
- Mixes using PowerTECx are extremely sensitive to mix water volume. It is strongly recommended that a water meter assembly like GeoPro’s Water Meter Kit be used with every PowerTECx installation.
Mix Ratio Warning:
- PowerTECx mixes vary greatly from the traditional silica sand recipes. Contact GeoPro for assistance in estimating material needed for a project.