The Danfoss VLT AQUA Drive is the perfect match for pumps and blowers in water, wastewater, and irrigation systems. Designed specifically for water and wastewater applications, the Danfoss VLT AQUA Drive provides the lowest overall cost of ownership of any drive available. It optimizes the supply of water and saving energy while protecting pumps and piping in systems.
The Danfoss VLT AQUA Drive offers a wide range of features and benefits:
- Energy efficiency – The VLT AQUA Drive offers energy efficiency of more than 98 percent. Automatic energy optimization produces typical savings of 3 to 5 percent, but as much savings of as much as 15 percent is possible.
- Sleep mode – Sleep mode keeps pump wear and power consumption to a minimum by shutting off the pumps when demand is low. It will continue to monitor the system pressure and restart the pumps when the pressure falls below the required level.
- User-friendly interface – An award-winning local control panel features an intuitive user interface.
- Automatic tuning of PI controllers – Automatic tuning of the PI controllers allows the drive to monitor how the system reacts to corrections made by the drive and learn from this data to quickly achieve precise and stable operation.
- Pipe fill mode – The drive provides controlled, closed loop filling of pipes, which prevents water hammer, burst water pipes, and damage to sprinkler heads.
- End of pump curve detection – The VLT AQUA Drive can detect breaks and leakage in the supply lines by comparing pump speed with the system pressure. If a pump is found running at full speed without creating the desired pressure, which typically indicates a break in the system, the drive can be programmed to trigger an alarm, shut off the pump, or perform another action programmed by the user.
- Dry pump protection – The drive lowers maintenance costs by constantly evaluating the condition of the pump based on internal frequency and power measurements.
- Motor alternation – Built-in motor alternation logic controls alternation between two pumps in duty/stand-by applications. Running the stand-by pump prevents sticking and lubricates the seals. An internal timer assures equal usage of the pumps. The AQUA Drive will shut down the pump if power consumption drops too low, indicating a no-flow or low-flow situation.
- Flow compensation – The VLT AQUA Drive conserves energy by reducing the pressure set point according to the flow.
- Initial/final ramp – The initial ramp provides fast acceleration of pumps to a minimum speed, at which point the normal ramp takes over, preventing damage to thrust bearings and overheating of the pump. The final ramp decelerates pumps to avoid unintended closure of check valves and water hammer.
A range of options and accessories are available for the Danfoss VLT AQUA Drive, available from Hydro Pump Company.