As part of a continued focus to provide products that fulfill the needs of customers, Pentair has announced a new addition to its line of Pentek Intellidrive water pressure control centers: the PID30.
The PID30 is a 3 HP intelligent variable frequency drive that offers the same performance and easy installation as the other drives in the Intellidrive lineup, along with a few improvements:
- Installation includes a simple 5-step setup: motor type, phase, and service factor amps followed by the date and time.
- It features an easy-to-read LCD display that provides clear descriptions of the drive’s operating condition.
- It presents fault code descriptions in plain text, rather than codes, making it easier and faster to troubleshoot.
- It features the same size NEMA 3R enclosure for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It works with 2-wire, 3-wire, and 3-phase pumps.
- It provides 42 parameters for advanced system operation.
As with the previous Intellidrive models, the PID30 will automatically change the speed of the well pump to match water demand to provide consistent water flow regardless of demand. It will maintain water pressure to multiple faucets, showers, and appliances simultaneously without fluctuations. That means you won’t lose water pressure in the shower if someone else turns on a sprinkler or the washing machine.
Pentek Intellidrive water pressure control centers also feature a soft start/coast to stop function that reduces the normal mechanical stress placed on the pump’s motor, which will extend the lifespan of the motor. The PID30, as well as the other Pentek Intellidrive models, can be used with both above ground well pumps and submersible well pumps.